Since 1998 we at nclud have designed and rebranded and launched more than 100 websites for trade and professional associations. Our services include branding, user experience, web design, web development, digital strategy, AMS integration, and more.
We are often asked, “what are the most important considerations and steps for a trade or professional association in a rebranding process?”
We have developed a ten-step overview that can help guide that process:
1. Define a clear mission and objectives: A trade or professional association should have a well-defined mission and objectives in order to ensure that the rebranding process is focused and successful.
2. Analyze the Current Brand Identity: It is important to assess the current brand identity to determine what needs to be changed and what should remain the same. This includes analyzing the current logo, website, messaging, and any other materials associated with the brand.
3. Research the Competitive Landscape: It is essential to research the competitive landscape to understand what similar associations are doing and how their brands are perceived. This can help inform the rebranding process and help differentiate an association’s brand.
4. Research Your Audience: Understand your current and potential members, which will inform your branding decisions.
5. Create a Comprehensive Rebranding Plan: Developing a comprehensive rebranding plan with clear goals, timelines, and budget will help ensure that the process is successful and all stakeholders are on the same page.
6. Develop a Cohesive Visual Identity: A professional association’s visual identity should be consistent across all mediums and reflect the brand’s core values. This includes logos, color palette, fonts, and imagery.
7. Refresh Your Website: Revamp your website to ensure it is modern, mobile-friendly, and easy to navigate.
8. Update Your Social Media Presence: Refresh your social media presence to ensure it is up-to-date and in-line with your new brand.
9. Communicate the New Brand: Once the rebranding process is complete, it’s critical to utilize marketing tactics to get the word out about your new brand and attract new members.
10. Analyze and Refine: Track the success of your rebranding efforts, analyze the results, and make adjustments as needed.
Learn more about how nclud can help you with our branding services, or dig deeper into our association website design expertise.